Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias

Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias 14 Nov 2017 13:40 #8036

• belinifm
  • User
I'll try to show you something here.
Still on the example URL: www.hcpa.edu.br/ensino/ensino-pos-graduacao
Clicking on "Mestrados profissionais" which has a parent item and two child items, you will see that it does not show the child menus, maybe some javascript problem, but if you see the HTML they are there, see code below. This problem occurs when cinchmenu finds subitems that are of the alias item type, in my case points to subitem of the main menu, not for single article.
<li class="last">
	<div class="item-wrapper">
		<div class="menu-link"><a href="/ensino/ensino-pos-graduacao/ensino-pos-graduacao-mestrados-profissionais">Mestrados profissionais</a></div>
	</div>
	<div class="ul-wrapper">
		<ul>
			<li class="first">
					<div class="menu-link"><a href="/ensino/ensino-pos-graduacao/ensino-pos-graduacao-mestrados-profissionais/ensino-pos-graduacao-mestrados-profissionais-pesquisa-clinica">Pesquisa clínica</a></div>
				</div>
			</li>
			<li class="last">
					<div class="menu-link"><a href="/ensino/ensino-pos-graduacao/ensino-pos-graduacao-mestrados-profissionais/ensino-pos-graduacao-mestrados-profissionais-prevencao-assistencia-alcool-drogas">Álcool e outras drogas</a></div>
				</div>
			</li>
		</ul>
	</div>
</li>

Remember that the above example I prepared only for you to see that does not work, but the other menus of the site, whose menu link points to single article the cinch menu works. Example: www.hcpa.edu.br/ensino/ensino-cursos-em-ead
Click on "Telemedicina" and you will see all sub-items without problems.

What I'm trying to show is that if the cinch menu has menu items with subitems of type alias, and is set in the options Show Plus / Minus option to "No" and Sub Menu Activation to "Click" it does not expand, but if it has subitems pointing to single article it works.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias 31 Oct 2017 12:01 #8030

• belinifm
  • User
john2013 wrote:
Dear belinifm,
I am sorry for this late. I checked your website but i don't see this module.
I did steps like your way.
Can you turn on so that i can check? Please create a ticket here www.pixelpointcreative.com/joomla/support/help-desk, give us your admin and ftp accounts so that we can check and fix on your website.
Thanks!

You did not find it because I made a palliative adjustment on every website for the menu to work.
The left side menu you see on the site is the cinch-menu, I just altered a little bit of original CSS.
Just left a small left side menu with problem for you to access.
Here: www.hcpa.edu.br/ensino/ensino-pos-graduacao
By clicking on the "Mestrados profissionais", in left menu, you will see that it is not expanding the submenus, as in the other menus of the site.
This problem occurs because the menu item on the cinch-menu is pointing to the main menu, not to a single article.
I do not feel like giving admin access to the production site of the company where I work.
I'm trying to show you all guidelines to reproduce the problem, can not you do a simulation? It's not very complicated what I'm talking about.
Last Edit: 31 Oct 2017 12:09 by belinifm.

Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias 31 Oct 2017 11:32 #8029

• john2013
  • Secret Agent
Dear belinifm,

I am sorry for this late. I checked your website but i don't see this module.

I did steps like your way.

Can you turn on so that i can check? Please create a ticket here www.pixelpointcreative.com/joomla/support/help-desk, give us your admin and ftp accounts so that we can check and fix on your website.

Thanks!

Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias 31 Oct 2017 09:30 #8028

• belinifm
  • User
john2013 wrote:
Dear belinifm,
I just checked but i didn't see your issue. It worked fine from me.
Can you give me your live url so that i can have a closer look about your issue?
Thanks!

You say it works for you, but you may not have created the menus the way I did.

You need to have a main menu that I'll call "A", pointing to single articles, concatenating in a similar way that I showed in the other post, rendering using the normal Joomla menu.

Make a copy from this menu to another, which I will call "B". Important !!, After copying, change each menu item to the alias type. Each menu item will point to the corresponding menu item of the "A" menu, they should not point to a single article.

Joomla allows to have menu item pointing to another menu item to avoid having two different URLs for the same single article.

The structure looks something like this:

Menu B links (cinch menu) --- points to ---> Menu links A (normal menu) --- pointing to ---> Single Article.

When all items in Menu B are in the format above, what has occurred is that concatenated submenus have not expanded. Before testing, make sure to go to the Cinch Menu settings, and set the Show Plus / Minus option to "No" and Sub Menu Activation to "Click".

This has not worked for me, if it works for you, I want to know how you made it work then.
Last Edit: 31 Oct 2017 09:33 by belinifm.

Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias 27 Oct 2017 09:30 #8027

• belinifm
  • User
Wel, you can try this URL:

www.hcpa.edu.br/ensino/ensino-pos-graduacao

Click on "Mestrados profissionais" in the left side menu.

The central page will appear normally, but there should also be two submenus below "Mestrados profissionais" in the left side menu:

- Pesquisa Clínica
- Álcool e outras drogas

In the main menu it is in: "Ensino/Pós-Graduação/Mestrados Profissionais"

If I change inside Joomla, the left side menu type, for those items, from item alias to single article the menu will work and will expand.

I solved it temporarily in other menus, doing the reverse, ie creating the link of the type alias item in the main menu and the direct link to the article in the submenu, but this causes problems in breadcrumbs, which does not show the actual path of the main menu .

Submenu does not expand with type menu item alias 26 Oct 2017 00:37 #8025

• john2013
  • Secret Agent
Dear belinifm,

I just checked but i didn't see your issue. It worked fine from me.

Can you give me your live url so that i can have a closer look about your issue?

Thanks!
  • Page:
Moderators: dig814

On Point Newsletter

Stay up-to-date with all things Pixel Point Creative!

Explore

Your cart is empty.